What is Yii and Why it is used – Top 10 features of Yii Framework
Yii is an open source, object-oriented, component-based MVC PHP web application framework. It enables maximum reusability in Web programming and can significantly accelerate your Web application development process.
Yii is a generic Web programming framework that can be used for developing virtually any type of Web application. Because it is light-weight and equipped with sophisticated caching mechanisms, it is especially suited to high-traffic applications, such as portals, forums, content management systems (CMS), e-commerce systems, etc.
Why used Yii
Yii development in coding takes less time. Since there are lots of extensions in the Yii framework, it's easy for developers to check the web app in the early stages of the web application. There will be exciting robustness and elaboration in developing web applications. You can save a lot of money if you opt for Yii framework which could be used in other essential requirements. There are several automation services provided by Yii which helps you reduce the size of your development team.
Yii plays a major role in this as it gives you direct access to APIs that develop logical integration of social media modules resulting in the global reach of your website. Yii provide you direct access to APIs that develop logical integration of social media modules resulting in the global reach of your website.
Top 10 Features
1. Security. Yii greatly minimizes the typical risk factors of running services with PHP and MySQL
2. Integration with other frameworks. It's easy to use Zend or PEAR features in Yii
3. Model-View-Controller architecture. Just like Ruby on Rails, now you can leverage MVC in your PHP apps.
4. Built-in authentication and powerful user management extensions make launching new web applications easy.
5. Database Access Objects (DAO), Active Record, and programmatic Database migrations simplify the challenges of building database-powered web applications.
6. Layered caching support Yii makes it easy to implement the kinds of caching that make sense to your application
7. Yii's built-in code generation tool, Gii, speeds your app's development scaffolding in MVC fashion
8. Console Yii. You can run Yii from the command line or as a daemon. With this, it's possible to build high performance background tasks in PHP.
9. Theming options such as the Bootstrap extension makes building great looking responsive apps much simpler
10. Integration with other frameworks. It's easy to use Zend or PEAR features in Yii